This recipe is one of the first things I learned to make when I started living on my own and making my own food. It is quick recipe and is a great way to spruce up leftover chicken and make an entirely new meal!
It takes less than 30 minute to make up and is a light yet filling recipe especially for the summer months. This is one of my favorite recipes for the summer because it’s light and refreshing and easy to mix up on a busy summer day!
How To Make Avocado Chicken Salad
The only requirements for making whipping up this chicken salad are a bowl, a spoon, and the ingredients listed below. No preparation or cooking required (unless you need to cook the chicken first). There is no mayo, and it is made entirely from natural ingredients without preservatives. Unlike other “light” chicken salads, it will leave you feeling full and energized for the rest of your day!
This avocado chicken salad is easy to take on the go. Save the avocado pits in order to store it in the fridge for up to a week. The pits help preserve the avocado and slow the process of the avocado turning brown in the salad. It is a versatile recipe in which different ingredients can be mixed and matched to make your own delicious version!
Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup or 1-2 Mashed Avocados
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Yogurt or Kefir (full fat)
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic or Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries, Raisins, Grapes, or Apples (optional)
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, or Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Mix together avocado, yogurt or kefir, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Be sure to save the avocado pits if you plan to store it in the fridge.
- Gently mix in chicken, onion, celery, and optional add-ins. Mix until combined.
- Squeeze in lime juice. Serve over a bed of greens, in between slices of bread, or just eat it as is!